Pages

Thursday 24 March 2011

Getting Into Shape #1

Having gone public with my 'Fit, Foxy and Fabulous' intentions a couple of days ago I thought it was time I put down some markers and started with the basics.

I am generally a pretty healthy person.  I had a big wakeup call a few years ago when I was struck down by a debilitating episode of depression.  During this time I started looking at my lifestyle, reading lots, researching widely and retraining and from that implemented some big changes.  I felt vibrant, and it is this state that I am endeavouring to return to.

Sadly pregnancy didn't agree with me and whilst my babies were fine and dandy, I did not fare so well.  No lasting damage, but my pregnancies, and in particular the last one, were truly horrific.  So now I am on a mission to rebuild myself, and put my child bearing misery behind me.  If you would like to put some vibrancy back into your life why not join me?  Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear about what you're doing and how you're getting on.

I began the healthy eating regime a couple of Mondays ago and so far that is going well.  I am 5'6" and my starting weight was 10st, which is 2st heavier than my pre pregnancy weight.  Weigh in day is a Monday, and this week I was 9st 9.8lbs which I am delighted with.  As I am breastfeeding I am not dieting as such but have simply cut out the junk, leaving my otherwise healthy diet unblemished.

I had planned on starting the exercise this week but having had a week of hideous nights with Moonbeam that fell by the wayside.  As soon as I feel up to it I will be doing Jillian Michael's '30 Day Shred' on alternate days, with running in between, and one day off a week.  I will be using the 'Get Running Couch to 5k' ipod app to help me with this. The DVD takes just 20 mins, and the running 30 mins.  Achievable even with a young family.  It also avoids the need for gym memberships for those of us without the time and/or money to take this option.

If you would like to join in, leave me a comment with your blog URL and I'll give you a mention and include you in a future post.  Surely, sharing a little blog love helps us on the way to feeling fabulous ?

At a very basic level that's my plan to tackle the 'fit' part of Fit, Foxy & Fabulous, and my progress to date. More details, and progress updates will follow on future posts, but in the meantime, thanks for dropping by :-)